If you want know about Staircase details or Toilet details or Ramp details please click the link above.
- Stairs is a set of steps which give access from floor to floor.
- The room or enclosure of the building, in which stair is located is known as staircase.
- Staircase provide access & communication between floors in multi-storey buildings and are a path by which fire can spread from one floor to another.
- Therefore it must be enclosed by fire resisting walls, floors, ceilings and doors.
- It must be designed to carry certain loads, which are similar to those used for design of the floors.
- Stairs may be constructed of Timber, Bricks, Stone, Steel or Reinforced Cement Concrete.
Example of staircase detail
1) Technical terms
- It is a portion of stair which permits ascent or descent. A stair is composed of a set of steps.
- It is a upper horizontal portion of a step upon which foot is placed while ascending or descending.
- It is a vertical portion of a step providing support to the tread.
- It is level platform at the top or bottom of a flight between the floors.
- This is an unbroken series of steps between landing.
- It is a vertical distance between two successive tread faces.
- It is a horizontal distance between two successive riser faces.
- It is the projecting part of the tread beyond the face of riser.
- It is a moulding provided under the nosing to provide strength to nosing.
- it is the underside of a stair.
xi) Pitch or slope
- It is the angle which the line of nosing of the stair makes with the horizontal.
xii) Strings or stringers
- These are the slopping members which support the steps in a stair.
xiii) Newel post
- Newel post is a vertical member which is placed at the ends of flight to connects the ends of strings and hand rail.
- It is vertical member of wood or metal, supporting the hand rail.
xv) Head room
- It is the clear vertical distance between the tread and overload structure.
2) Architectural Downloadable Stuff
- A community of architects, designers, manufacturers, and students as well as a helpful staircase detail library of excellent and distinctive DWG blocks make up Archi-Monarch.in.
Improve your ARCHITECTURAL knowledge with the help of this Educational site and also available downloadable architectural data…
3) Direct Downloadable Stuff
- Architectural educational items (products) for increase your knowledge. it’s downloadable products and its use for only educational purpose…..