If you want to know about the interior detail or miscellaneous detail or water tank detail, please click the link.
ACP (Aluminum Composite Panel) detail in architecture refers to the way in which the panels are installed on a building’s exterior.
This typically includes information on the type of ACP being used, the method of attachment, the type of sealant or adhesive used, and any special considerations or requirements for the installation.
This information is usually included in the building’s construction documents and is used by the contractor to ensure that the ACP is installed correctly and in compliance with local building codes and regulations.
Image of typical ACP detail and downloadable (in DWG) link below
Typical ACP detail drawing – 1
A typical ACP detail drawing would include the following information:
- A detailed elevational view of the area where the ACP is being installed, including dimensions and any adjacent building elements.
- A cross-sectional view of the ACP installation, showing the various layers and components, including the ACP panel, substrate, fasteners, sealant, and any other relevant details.
- Detailed drawings of any special features, such as flashing, counter-flashing, or edge details.
- The type of ACP panel being used, including its thickness, width, and length.
- The type of substrate or surface the ACP is being applied to.
- The method of attachment, such as mechanical fasteners or adhesive.
- The type and size of sealant or adhesive used to secure the panel.
- The location and spacing of the fasteners or adhesive.
- The type and size of the perimeter and intermediate joint sealant.
- The type and size of the corner and edge detail.
- The type and size of the expansion joint.
- The type and size of the flashing and counter flashing.
- The type and size of the end dam.
- The type and size of the sealant used at the end dam.
The drawing should be clear and easy to understand, with all dimensions and notes labeled clearly. It should also conform to the industry standards and conventions.
It is important to note that ACP is not always an appropriate solution for a building’s exterior, it depends on the building’s location, the architectural concept and the building’s codes and regulations.
Our tips to help you improve your architectural typical ACP detailing.