A steel frame flush door is a type of door that has a steel frame and a flush-mounted door panel. The steel frame provides structural support and stability, while the flush door panel gives the door a smooth, streamlined appearance.
These doors are commonly used in commercial and industrial settings, such as warehouses and factories, due to their durability and resistance to wear and tear. They can also be found in some residential settings, particularly in modern or minimalist designs.
Image of steel frame flush doors detail and downloadable (in DWG) link below
Steel frame flush doors detail drawing – 1
A steel frame flush doors detail drawing is a technical illustration that shows the specific components and construction details of a steel frame flush door.
The drawing typically includes the dimensions and specifications of the door, including the size and thickness of the steel frame and doors panel, as well as the type and location of any hardware, such as hinges and locks. It may also include notes and instructions on the installation and finishing of the door.
Detail drawings are used by architects, builders, and contractors to ensure that the door is constructed and installed according to the design intent and building codes.
In addition to the information mentioned above, a steel frame flush doors detail drawing may also include the following information:
- The type of steel used for the frame and any finishes applied to it
- The type of door panel material, such as solid wood, veneered wood, or metal, and its thickness
- The location and size of any openings, such as vision panels or louvers
- The type and location of weatherstripping or other sealing materials
- The type and location of fire protection measures, such as fire-rated frames and door panels
- The type and location of any door hardware, such as levers, knobs, panic bars, and closers, and their specific requirements
- The type of door bottom weather seal, if any
- The type of door jamb and head, if any
- Clearance requirements for the door and hardware.
It’s also important to mention that steel frame flush doors detail drawings should be prepared according to the standards, codes and regulations that apply to the specific building project and location.
Our tips to help you improve your architectural steel frame flush door detailing.