G.R.C. (Glass Reinforced Concrete) Jaali is a type of architectural ornamentation made of a composite material composed of cement, fine aggregates, and glass fibers.
GRC Jaali is a decorative screen or perforated panel that is lightweight, durable, and able to withstand the elements. It can be used in a variety of architectural applications, such as building facades, window and door surrounds, balustrades, and partition walls.
GRC Jaali can be cast into a wide range of shapes and patterns, and can also be finished with a variety of textures and colors to match the design aesthetic of a building.
Image of GRC Jaali detail and downloadable (in DWG) link below
G.R.C. Jaali detail drawing – 2
GRC (Glass Reinforced Concrete) Jaali detail drawings are technical drawings that show the specific dimensions, materials, and installation details for a GRC Jaali system.
These drawings can include information such as the type of GRC mixture used, the size and spacing of the glass fibers, the thickness of the panel, the size and spacing of the perforations or openings, the method of attachment to the building structure, and the recommended installation procedures.
The drawings may also include information about the type of finish to be applied to the GRC Jaali, such as paint or stain colors and textures. The drawings may also indicate any specific load-bearing requirements or fire-resistance ratings for the GRC Jaali system.
In addition to providing detailed information for construction and installation, GRC Jaali detail drawings also help to ensure that the final product meets the design intent and complies with building codes and industry standards.
In addition to the information I previously mentioned, GRC Jaali detail drawings may also include additional information such as:
- The type of anchors or fasteners to be used for attaching the GRC Jaali to the building structure.
- The recommended clearances or gaps between the GRC Jaali and other building elements to ensure proper ventilation and drainage.
- The type of sealant or adhesive to be used for jointing the GRC Jaali panels.
- The type of edge treatment to be applied to the GRC Jaali, such as a bullnose or chamfer.
- Any specific requirements for maintaining or cleaning the GRC Jaali system.
- The type of GRC Jaali support structure or framing system.
- The type of reinforcement to be used in the GRC Jaali such as steel mesh or fibers.
- The type of GRC Jaali panel jointing system.
- The type of fixings used to fix the GRC Jaali to the support structure.
It is important to note that GRC Jaali detail drawings are usually a part of a larger set of architectural or engineering drawings for a building project.
They are typically created by a team of architects, engineers, and construction professionals who work together to ensure that the GRC Jaali system is designed, detailed, and constructed in accordance with the project’s requirements and industry standards.
Our tips to help you improve your architectural GRC Jaali detailing.